As we prepare to celebrate this weekend's coronation of King Charles III, it's time to put a spotlight on royal décor! The style of furniture chosen by royalty has always been an important part of their influence and prestige, and no more so than with the upcoming Coronation. We've seen many trends come and go over the years, but one thing is for sure – there will be plenty of luxurious pieces on show during this special event.
From opulent four-poster beds adorned with velvet drapery to ornate armchairs upholstered in fine fabrics, one can expect nothing less than pure grandeur when it comes to royal furniture. And what better way to pay homage to His Majesty than by incorporating these regal styles into your own home?
So, in honor of the upcoming Coronation, Manoir has put together a list of 5 ways you can incorporate royal style into your home:
1. Start with a Statement Piece – Whether it is an ornate armchair or an intricately carved bed frame, make sure that each room has its own statement piece that will be the centerpiece of the space. This could be something like a grand four-poster bed or even just a regal velvet sofa.
2. Add Gold Accents – Nothing says royalty quite like gold accents in furniture and décor pieces throughout your home. Look for items such as gilded mirrors, golden candlesticks and chandeliers adorned with crystals fit for any king or queen!
3. Invest in Plush Fabrics – Velvet, silk and tapestry are all fabrics associated with royal palaces around the world so why not bring them into our homes? They can really add depth and texture to any room while also giving off luxurious vibes (perfect if you want to achieve that royal look).
4. Incorporate Antiques – Looking back through history is always fun when it comes to designing home interiors so why not take inspiration from antique furnishings used by royals in centuries past? Think about adding an old-fashioned writing desk or maybe even some vintage bookshelves - perfect for creating that historic atmosphere at home!
5. Finish With Finishing Touches – Finally, don't forget about adding those special little touches here and there which will really help tie together your whole design scheme - think crown motifs on cushions & throws , crystalware scattered around tables , portraits of historical figures hung up on walls etc !
All these things combined should create a truly regal atmosphere worthy of celebrating King Charles' coronation this weekend. And what better way to pay homage to His Majesty than by incorporating these regal styles into your own home? After all, who wouldn't want to feel like royalty every day?